Thanks go to Martha McPhail, the Spanish Language & Literature Librarian at San Diego State University, for identifying the Spanish language tools listed on this page. See her Spanish Language Resources Web page for additional resources.
- Diccionarios (Dictionaries)
- Online general, specialized, and te
- Learn Spanish
- Online tutorial for grammar, verbs, and vocabulary, using exercises and games. Includes useful travel phrases and cultural tips.
- AltaVista translation
- Type in Spanish or English text and get instant translation. Web pages can also be translated. It's an amazing tool, but is not flawless. Proofread!
- "FreeTranslation.com is an easy-to-use site for rapid translations where you can get the "gist" of foreign language text and Web pages."
- Rincón del traductor
- A Web site dedicated to resolving questions concerning Spanish translation. Pointers are provided to specialized dictionaries as well as to scholarly articles about translation particulars.
- Vox en Línea
- One box, one click access to translation of words from either English into Spanish or Spanish into English, based on the authoritative Advanced English Dictionary Vox-Longman English-Spanish/Español-Inglés.
- Cultures of the Andes: Quechua, native Language--Lenguaje Indigena
- This Web site includes basic Quechua lessons in English and Spanish and help with pronunciation.
- Fun facts to know and tell about Quechua
- A basic introduction to the Quechua language, including a bit about the grammar, the pronunciation, and the vocabulary, as well as usage.
- Quechua Language Homepage
- The Web site provides information about the Quechua language and several brief lessons.
- Quechua Translations
- Free Online Dictionary Translator.
- Aymara Uta
- A general online guide, in English and Spanish, to the Aymara language, including information on grammar and vocabulary and translation from both English and Spanish to and from Aymara.
- English to Portuguese Dictionary
- This Web site provides a basic English-Portuguese dictionary.
Last Updated: January 26, 2018 Contact: Dr. Patricia Knobloch, firstname.lastname@example.org